Application for Organization Recognition
The application for organization recognition is only during the First Semester of each academic year. All student organizations who would like to apply for recognition must meet the minimum requirements:
- attendance of organization head to Leadership Training Seminar
- must have at least 15 resident members (including officers)
- must have one junior and one senior adviser
- must have a constitution and by-laws/house rules
Student organizations recognized in the previous academic year must ensure that they have:
- submitted all activity reports of all organization activities during the previous academic year
- conducted at least one community service during the previous academic year
New Organizations vs Existing Organizations
New organizations refer to student organizations who do not have organization records in the OSAM System regardless of their actual establishment date. Existing organizations are those who already have organization records in the OSAM System.
New organizations must secure a new organization key from SOAD before registering the organization online. Existing organizations must use their existing organization records in the OSAM System.
Only the point person of the student organization should apply for recognition. The point person is an internal appointment - the organization must simply appoint one person who will attend to the recognition requirements. For new organizations, the student who will enter the new organization key will serve as the organization's point person. To change point persons, the current point person can change it online.
In case the organization cannot change the point person, the organization may request for a change of point person by writing a letter to the Student Organizations and Activities Division. The letter must contain the student number of the old and the new point person as well as the reason for not being able to change the point person online.
- Point persons must apply for recognition online by filling out the organization profile, advisers' profile, and membership roster.
Point persons must have the following information of advisers: title (Mr./Ms./Engr./Prof./Dr.), employee number, full name, designation, department, college or office, address, mobile number, office number, email, and specialization. The following information of the members will also be needed by the point persons: student number, last name, and designation. Organizations will be prompted to upload the financial statement, organization logo, and latest copy of constitution and by-laws/house rules, if these were not yet uploaded previously.
- All members must login, update their OSAM profiles, and confirm their organization membership.
- Print, sign, and submit recognition forms.