- Financial Assistance
- SA Program
- Student Learning Assistance System (SLAS)
- Tuition Loan / SLB Program
- Cash Loan Assistance Program (CLAP)
- UP Student Insurance Policy
- Job Vacancies
Student Affairs (OSA), an office in the University of the
Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) collects, uses, maintains and
discloses information collected from users (each, a "User") in
and all services offered by OSA.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Site may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
student service. Information
Users provide helps us respond to their support requests more
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback Users provide to improve our services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include news, updates, related service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect User information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing User personal information
Personal information provided by Users are shared with other divisions of OSA. We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share information with third parties for those limited purposes. When specifically requested, User information may also be shared with other UPLB units.
Acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, users signify their acceptance of this policy. If they do not agree to this policy, they should not use the Site. Their continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed their acceptance of those changes.